As expected, OnePlus just released its latest flagship revealed. The OnePlus 6 is characterized by the voorkantvullende screen with a notch, huge smooth hardware and improved camera. Here you can read all about the specifications, features, release and price.
OnePlus 6 is officially presented
The OnePlus 6 is the successor of the popular 5T and according to OnePlus, the fastest smartphone that the company has so far released. The manufacturer builds on the innovations with the 5T were introduced, already brings the 6 also has a number of new features. So is the screen with 6,28 inch is slightly larger and covers more than 83 percent of the front. Before OnePlus, however, a notch (a small notch) at the top should be places, where the speaker, front camera and various sensors are processed.
Where previous OnePlus devices, usually of metal, is the 6 of glass. This follows OnePlus many other manufacturers, that their flagships also of glass designs. The device looks this pool, but glass is more fragile and more susceptible to scratches and stains. Also, there is no wireless charging is present; OnePlus keeps it at his wired snellaadtechniek, Dash Charge. The specifications are also what you think of a OnePlus device might expect. Below we set them at a glance:
- 6,28-inch screen with a resolution of 2280 by 1080 pixels
- Notch on top can be hidden
- With smooth Snapdragon 845 chip
- 6 or 8GB of LPDDR4X RAM, 64/128/256GB of storage
- Dual camera (16 + 20 mega pixels) with 2x optical zoom
- Dimensions of 155,7 at 75,4 in at 7.75 inches, weighs 177 grams
- Enclosure is made of glass, but no wireless charging
- 16 megapixel-front-facing camera for selfies and video calling
- Get a power of 3300 mAh battery, charging with Dash Charge
- Runs on Android 8.1 (Oreo) with OxygenOS-skin
- Usb-c port, bluetooth 5.0, nfc and wi-fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
Significantly improved camera
Also the camera, according to OnePlus improved a lot. The dual camera on the back shoots still shots in 16 + 20 megapixel, and has more video options. The phone can slowmotionvideo, on up to full-hd at 240 fps, or hd (720p) with 480 frames per seconds. Also, the OnePlus 6 4K videos with 30 or 60 fps. The smartphone has a built-in video editor to files directly to edit.
The OnePlus is by a 3300 mAh battery power. That can quick charge by Dash Charge, the snellaadtechniek of OnePlus that allows you to in a half hour, up to 60 percent of the battery fills. On the back is the finger print scanner, though you can your phone using Face Unlock to unlock. Furthermore, the OnePlus 6 a waterproof housing and is ‘just’ a headphone jack.
Android 8.1 and Android P
Out of the box running the OnePlus 6 on Android 8.1 (Oreo), the most recent version of the mobile operating system. About Android puts OnePlus are OxygenOS-skin, which grotens is similar to stock Android, but with a few additions. So you can, for example, the navigation buttons are replaced by gestures, something which is also possible in Android P.
On Android P: the OnePlus 6 belongs to the list of devices that the first P to get started. The first test version of the update is ready to download for the first OnePlus 6 owners. Later this year, the official update will follow, but it is still unclear when exactly this happens.
Release and price
OnePlus to let you know that the smartphone Monday, may 21, is available on the official website of the manufacturer. The different models and the corresponding suggested retail price, we have below put on a list. The phone comes in three colors (Midnight Black, Mirror Black and Silk White) and is also directly at Belsimpel sold. The shop has recently become an official retailer of OnePlus in the Netherlands.
- OnePlus 6 (Mirror Black), 6GB RAM/64GB storage: 519 euro
- OnePlus 6 (Mirror Black), 8GB RAM/128GB storage: 569 euro
- OnePlus 6 (Midnight Black), 8GB RAM/128GB storage: 569 euro
- OnePlus 6 (Midnight Black), 8GB RAM/256GB storage: 619 euro
- OnePlus 6 (Silk White), 8GB RAM/128GB storage: 569 euro
Read more about OnePlus
- ‘Specifications, affordable Samsung Galaxy J6 and J4 appear online’ (14-5)
- Samsung enters new Galaxy A6 (Plus) not a monthly update (11-5)
- Action: temporarily free Harman Kardon speaker for Galaxy S9 (7-5)
- Samsung rolls out Android Oreo-update for Galaxy A5 (2017) in the Netherlands (7-5)
- This Android smartphone got a (security)update – week 18 (4-5)