Double and triple cameras are already passé: Samsung comes with the Galaxy A9, the first Android-powered smartphone with four cameras on the back. The unit is from the beginning of november for sale in the Netherlands.
Samsung Galaxy A9 officially unveiled
Samsung calls the Galaxy A9 a midrange smartphone, but with a suggested retail price of 599 euro is the unit is relatively pricey for a middle class. The A9 also has notable hardware: not two or three, but four lenses on the back. To the front, also a selfiecamera of 24 megapixel.
The Samsung Galaxy A9 has a primary camera of 24 megapixel with an aperture of f/1.7. This is according to the manufacturer’s optimized to take good pictures in low-light situations. Then there is a telefotolens of 10 megapixel, 2x optical zoom offers. That means that you can zoom in without the picture to blur.
There is also a wide-angle lens of 8 megapixel, with a viewing angle of 120 degrees. This will create panoramas or family photos with a large group, without the smartphone having to move. Finally, there is a bokeh-lens of 5 megapixel, for the portrait mode in the camera app. This is the background blurred, making the foreground sharper comes to the fore.
The other specifications of the Galaxy A9 are in line with other medium cars. The hardware is powerful enough for the average user, and there is a large battery with a capacity of 3720 mAh is present. The unit is not waterproof. The main Galaxy A9-specifications at a glance:
- 6.3 inch oled screen with resolution 2220 x 1080 pixels
- 2.2 GHz processor with eight cores, 6GB ram
- 128GB storage expandable storage
- Four cameras on the back: 24 + 8 + 5 + 10 megapixel
- Selfiecamera: 24 megapixel
- Battery capacity: 3720 mAh
- Runs on Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Finger print scanner into the on/off button
More cheaper smartphones from Samsung
Samsung introduced last month, even though the Galaxy A7, equipped with three cameras on the back. That device lacks the zoom lens of the Galaxy A9. In addition, the hardware is a bit less powerful. However, the A7 more than two hundred cheaper than its big brother. Also published recently is the even cheaper Galaxy J4 Plus and J6 Plus.
The devices are the first example of Samsung’s new strategy for midrange smartphones. The company says starting this fall, the Galaxy A-series of differently, with larger investments. According to DJ Koh, head of Samsung’s mobile division, are new features in the coming time, first introduced on these cheaper phones of the company.
The latest news about Samsung
- Samsung brings Galaxy A7 (2018) with three camera’s in the Netherlands (8-10)
- “Samsung brings Android Pie-update only in 2019: this is new’ (8-10)
- Samsung Galaxy S10 will get chip for artificial intelligence ” (7-10)
- Samsung Galaxy A7 preview: Samsung puts the focus on the camera with 3 lenses (5-10)
- Affordable Samsung Galaxy J4 Plus now on sale in the Netherlands (1-10)