The Chinese Xiaomi is working hard on the road and promises within now and a few months Android Pie updates for many of its smartphones. Also cheaper devices to be updated.
Planning Xiaomi Android Pie updates known
Although Google already has a first version of Android Q has released, many manufacturers are still working on Android Pie for their smartphones to roll out. So even Xiaomi, that less than ten updates on the planning for the coming months. The manufacturer has a list released of all the smartphones for which there is currently an update is in development.
The list includes not only the relatively new and expensive Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, but also the cheaper phones of the company. Xiaomi also has an indication when the updates are to be expected. A device is not on the list, then it means it is not that there is absolutely no update appear, but only that it is currently not yet in development. Xiaomi says that the later is possible more smartphones can rely, on a Android Pie-update.
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 – first quarter 2019
- Xiaomi Redmi S2 – first quarter of 2019
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 – second quarter of 2019
- Xiaomi Mi 6 – second quarter 2019
- Xiaomi Redmi 6A – second quarter 2019
- Xiaomi Redmi 6 – second quarter 2019
- Xiaomi Mi Note-3 – second quarter of 2019
- Xiaomi Mi 9 Explorer date still unknown
- Xiaomi Mi 6X – date still unknown
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro date still unknown
Xiaomi is working since this year hard on the road in the Netherlands. In its home country of China is Xiaomi, one of the most popular manufacturers and now the company hopes also to break through in the West. The manufacturer focuses primarily on its sharp price-quality ratio. So the company will soon be the Xiaomi Mi 9 for 449 euro. The smartphone features a Snapdragon 855 and three cameras. That is similar to smartphones like the Sony Xperia 1 and Samsung Galaxy S10, that for twice as much money to be sold.
A handful of Xiaomi smartphones has already had an Android Pie-update received. These are mainly the devices from the Mi A-set, such as the Mi A2 and Mi A2 Lite. That run on Android One, a version of the operating system with little to no adjustments from the manufacturer. Therefore, it is easier to make updates.
This is new in the Android Pie
Android Pie introduces improved, enhanced notifications. You can also the navigation bar in the bottom in the image are replaced with a new gebarenbediening. Than swipe, for example, you up to your homescreen, instead of a home button to press. Also leaning Google on artificial intelligence, among other things to the battery life to improve. AI is also used in ‘Adaptive Brightness’, brightness automatically smarter to adapt to your preferences.
Read the latest news about Xiaomi
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 with large battery and a 48 megapixel camera to the Netherlands (7-3)
- Xiaomi goes to sea with new Dutch webshop, start first cashbackactie (5-3)
- Affordable flagship Xiaomi Mi 9 now for sale in the Netherlands (28-2)
- Video preview: Xiaomi Mi 9 is a top-class device with midrange prices (27-2)
- Xiaomi Mi 9 preview: flagship for a spotprijsje impresses (27-2)